Getting rid of the LIB_INSTALL_DIR hack on windows

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Jan 18 22:55:54 CET 2008

On Tuesday 15 January 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Saturday 12 January 2008, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> > Michael Pyne schrieb:
> > > On Saturday 12 January 2008, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > > Especially since it documents
> > > the intent better (i.e. use this for libraries, not for anything else).
> > >
> > > Then we could switch libraries to use install_kde4_library() and leave
> > > the rest alone.
> >
> > Because there are already kde4_... macros, i suggest to use
> > kde4_install_library() as macro name
>
> If we really want that (I object, will discuss later), the name would have
> to start with KDE4_ .
> I'm currently exchanging emails with the cmake developers, so for now
> please don't commit any changes.

Ok, if we can come up with a patch we can have something like the following in
cmake 2.6 (i.e. maybe for KDE 4.2):

install(TARGETS kfoo kbar USE_PROPERTIES)

Then everything related to the targets kfoo and kbar (dll, lib, but also
associated headers and resource files) will be installed to their destination
directories. These directories will be set per target using
set_target_properties(), which can be hidden in KDE in
KDE4_ADD_EXECUTABLE/LIBRARY/PLUGIN().
If you have a better suggestion instead of "USE_PROPERTIES" let me know (e.g.
USE_TARGET_PROPERTIES).

Bye