Split building

Piotr Jaroszyński p.jaroszynski at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 01:07:43 CET 2008

On Wednesday 09 of January 2008 00:53:23 Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 January 2008, you wrote:
> > On Monday 07 January 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > target_link_libraries(kdepasswd ${LIBKONQ_LIBRARIES} ... )
> >
> > It's not about kdepasswd but about the kcm subdir BTW.
> >
> > > FindLibKonq.cmake could probably check whether it is called inside
> > > kdebase with libkonq or not (only slightly hackish) and act
> > > accordingly. But I have the feeling that this would be quite some work,
> > > if we need to do this for every small app.
> >
> > If you are going to modify CMakeLists.txt, then it's simpler to just
> > apply this patch, I think.
> >
> > -target_link_libraries(kcm_useraccount konq ${KDE4_KDESU_LIBS})
> > +target_link_libraries(kcm_useraccount konq ${KDE4_KIO_LIBS}
> > ${KDE4_KDESU_LIBS})
> >
> > After all, this code uses KIO directly.
> > I'm just surprised that this is necessary.
>
> Yeah, this should work too. I'm undecided yet what the best option is.
> Maybe Gentoo could just disable the fatal warning flag ?

I have already written stuff necessary to automatically
export_library_dependencies from select libraries(currently libkonq,
libplasma and koffice-libs) and then include the deps in affected apps so we
can probably use that as it's really easy to maintain (still testing whether
it is working for all the packages though).

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Jaroszyński