[Patch] introduce new cmake var KDE4_LIB_DESTINATION

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Feb 16 11:29:10 CET 2008

On Thursday 14 February 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 14 February 2008, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > following the discussion in 'Re: Getting rid of the LIB_INSTALL_DIR hack
> > on windows' (http://lists.kde.org/?t=120015619300001&r=1&w=2) I created
> > a patch which introduces a new var KDE4_LIB_DESTINATION.
> Next option:
> We could also add
> set(INSTALL_TARGET_DEFAULT_ARGUMENTS RUNTIME DESTINATION bin COMPONENT User
>                                      LIBRARY DESTINATION lib COMPONENT User
>                                      ARCHIVE DESTINATION lib COMPONENT
> Devel )
>
> and then do
> install(TARGETS konsole kdecore kdeui ${INSTALL_TARGETS_DEFAULT_ARGUMENTS})
>
> Later on this could be extended once we require (or can optionally use, not
> sure about that) CMake 2.6 which supports library frameworks on OSX, they
> need even more locations.

I think I prefer this option. It works with cmake 2.4.5 and we will be able to
extend it later on. It kind of slightly breaks source compatibility on
Windows, but since we don't have an official release there this is no
problem.
A patch for this is attached. If we agree on this, I'd prefer if one of the
windows developers could apply it, after he made sure installing works
correctly on his system.

Comments ?