CMake check for create-resources

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:54:13 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 February 2008, you wrote:

> KOffice,
> only
> > >
> > > What does this package consist of and where is it typically installed
> ?
> > > You probably need to do something with find_path().
> >
> > On my system it's in /usr/share/create/ and it contains brush, pattern
> and
> > gradient files.
> >
> > I tried to put a FindCreateResources.cmake in koffice/cmake/modules, but
> > that doesn't work and is probably not even valid cmake code:
> >
> > if(CREATERESOURCES_INCLUDE_DIR)
> >
> >   set(CREATERESOURCES_FOUND TRUE)
> >
> > else(CREATERESOURCES_INCLUDE_DIR)
> >
> >   find_path( CREATERESOURCES_INCLUDE_DIR simple.kgr /usr/share/create/ )
> >   if( CREATERESOURCES_INCLUDE_DIR )
> >     set( CREATERESOURCES_FOUND TRUE )
> >   endif( CREATERESOURCES_INCLUDE_DIR )
> > endif(CREATERESOURCES_INCLUDE_DIR)
> >
> > find_package(createresources REQUIRED) gives CMake Error:
> > createresources_DIR is not set.  It must be set to the directory
> containing
> > createresourcesConfig.cmake in order to use createresources.
>
> The filename is FindCreateResources.cmake, so must use exact that case:
> find_package(CreateResources)

Thanks, this worked.

> I'd suggest to start simple:
>
> find_path( CREATERESOURCES_INCLUDE_DIR simple.kgr
>            PATHS
>           ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}
>           /usr /usr/local /usr/pkg
>           /opt /opt/local /opt/csw
>           PATH_SUFFIXES share/create )
>
> if( CREATERESOURCES_INCLUDE_DIR )
>  set( CREATERESOURCES_FOUND TRUE )
> endif( CREATERESOURCES_INCLUDE_DIR )
>
> (with cmake cvs it wouldn't be necessary to list all these paths, there it
> has
> CMAKE_SYSTEM_PREFIX_PATH which has all these search prefixes)
>
> Does that project have a homepage ?

Is there a way to see if the package was found? At the moment cmake runs,
but I don't get feedback from it.
Also looking for a single file like simple.kgr might be wrong, as the
package is collection of resource files from gimp, karbon, krita etc. and
the files are maybe not unique.

The project homepage is:
http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
(Shared resources)