[Patch] introduce new cmake var KDE4_LIB_DESTINATION

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Thu Feb 14 19:16:31 CET 2008

Hi,

following the discussion in 'Re: Getting rid of the LIB_INSTALL_DIR hack
on windows' (http://lists.kde.org/?t=120015619300001&r=1&w=2) I created
a patch which introduces a new var KDE4_LIB_DESTINATION.

On Linux it's simply LIB_INSTALL_PREFIX:
_set_fancy(KDE4_LIB_DESTINATION ${LIB_INSTALL_DIR})

and on windows it's
set(KDE4_LIB_DESTINATION RUNTIME DESTINATION "bin"
                          LIBRARY DESTINATION "lib${LIB_SUFFIX}"
                          ARCHIVE DESTINATION "lib${LIB_SUFFIX}"  )

The reason why we need a special var instead using LIB_INSTALL_DIR is
that we currently can't use LIB_INSTALL_DIR somewhere outside
install(TARGET ...) but sometimes we simply need it :)

I don't see a problem anywhere - when you want to have an app on windows
you need to modify CMakeLists.txt anyway (adding icons, version info, ..).

It compiled fine for me on windows.

Comments?
Christian