Linking problems on FreeBSD

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Feb 11 18:43:38 CET 2008

On Monday 11 February 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 10.02.08 14:29:21, David Johnson wrote:
> > On Sunday 10 February 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > >On 10.02.08 13:45:10, David Johnson wrote:
> > > Can you check wether link_directories(${KDE4_LIB_DIR}) helps? Thats
> > > something that is needed for CMake 2.6 support anyway and if we have a
> > > need for this with cmake 2.4 it may speed up getting this into svn.
> >
> > Where should this go? Into each application's CMakeLists.txt file, or
> > just the top one?
>
> Thats exactly the question we're trying to answer on kde-buildsystem. If
> I understood Alexander correctly it would be part of a cmake file inside
> kdelibs. So if you do find_package(KDE4 REQUIRED) it gets added
> automatically.
>
> Andreas

I think putting something like
FILE(APPEND KDELibsDependencies.cmake "LINK_DIRECTORIES(${LIB_INSTALL_DIR})")
into kdelibs/CMakeLists.txt, so that
LINK_DIRECTORIES(/opt/kde4/lib)
ends up in the installed KDELibsDependencies.cmake might be a not too bad
choice.
I'll discuss with Brad first, what he thinks might be the best way to deal
with that issue.