[Kde-pim] Move FindKdeSubversion to *libs.

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Feb 10 23:08:25 CET 2008

On Sunday 10 February 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Sunday 10 February 2008 16:34:01 Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Sunday 10 February 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> > > I could imagine this being useful for konqueror, but I'm not sure
> > > if we are permitted to put new CMake modules into kdelibs.
> >
> > It is the second time I read this. Why wouldn't it be allowed? If your
> > application is developed for a KDE version which does not yet have the
> > check, you include a copy. If you care only about running with the
> > latest KDE release, you use the kdelibs version. Unless there are
> > *technical* reasons not to do it (like you cannot have the same module
> > both in kdelibs and as a local copy), I see no reason to disallow adding
> > new checks and cmake modules to kdelibs.
>
> We, kdepim, very much want to continue building against kdelibs 4.0.
> Which means we need to keep a copy.  I'm fine with that.

Yes.
This means if a module from kdepim is "moved" to kdelibs, it actually has to
be copied instead of moved.
If then kdepim decides that it requires kdelibs 4.1, it can be removed from
kdepim, until then a copy has to stay there.
This is even a safe move regarding 3rd party software, since if some other
software uses a module installed by kdepim, it will still build since now
this module is installed by kdelibs (which will always be the case when
kdepim is installed because kdepim can't be installed without kdelibs).