[Kde-pim] Move FindKdeSubversion to *libs.

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sun Feb 10 22:29:01 CET 2008

On Sunday 10 February 2008 16:11:04 Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Sunday 10 February 2008 10:47:36 am Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Saturday 09 February 2008 16:37:37 Tom Albers wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Can we move FindKdeSubversion.cmake to kdepimlibs ?
> >
> > If we expect to need it in kdepimlibs, then yes.
> >
> > > Or even better kdelibs
> > > - but that means we need to keep a copy somewhere.
> >
> > since we need to stay build-able to kdelibs 4.0, then moving
> > isn't an option.  and copying isn't a good option either.
> >
> > Ideally, we'd have something like this in CMake itself.
> > Someone needs to make a request on the CMake bug tracker
> > and eventually...
>
> Out of curiousity, why does kdepimlibs need subversion?

I don't know about the libraries.. but kdepim itself uses it
to build user agent strings, for kmail for example.

so an SVN revision number gets put into the user agent string.

I could imagine this being useful for konqueror, but I'm not sure
if we are permitted to put new CMake modules into kdelibs.