QEdje scriptengine cannot be built + PATCH

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Dec 31 16:11:43 CET 2008

On Wednesday 31 December 2008, Allen Winter wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 December 2008 6:15:46 am Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've got build errors with qedje, although aI have eet,qzion and qedje
> > installed. The problem is, the script engine does not find the qzion.h
> > file.
> >
> > In file included
> > from
> > /home/jowenn/development/kde/svn/kdebase/workspace/plasma/scriptengines/q
> >ed jescript/qedje_applet.cpp:6:
> > /home/jowenn/development/kde/svn/kdebase/workspace/plasma/scriptengines/q
> >ed jescript/qedje_applet.h:7:19: error: qzion.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis
> > nicht gefunden
> > /home/jowenn/development/kde/svn/kdebase/workspace/plasma/scriptengines/q
> >ed jescript/qedje_applet.h:8:19: error: qedje.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis
> > nicht gefunden
> >
> > My CMakeCache.txt file has:
> > PC_QEdje_STATIC_INCLUDE_DIRS:INTERNAL=/home/jowenn/fromsources/qzion/incl
> >ud e;/home/jowenn/fromsources/qedje/include
> >

> > The attached patch fixes the compile problem for me.
> > It results in following line in CMakeCache.txt, which contains all needed
> > include directories
> > PC_QEdje_INCLUDE_DIRS:INTERNAL=/home/jowenn/fromsources/qzion/include;/ho
> >me /jowenn/fromsources/eet/include;/home/jowenn/fromsources/qedje/include
> >

> > and forces the usage of this variable for the include directories in the
> > CMakeLists.txt
>
> Looks fine.  Commit away!

No, please don't (see my other mail).
We should never use the results from pkg-config directly, they should always
only be used as HINTS for the FIND_XXX() calls.
This way we have the chance to keep it working also without pkg-config.

I'll have to add something about this to the cmake style guide on techbase.