Fwd: KDE4 Cross compiling error

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 20:39:02 CET 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ben Boeckel <mathstuf at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 14:37
Subject: Re: KDE4 Cross compiling error
To: Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org>

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 07:28, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> Ben Boeckel wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am attempting to cross-compile my KDE4 application using mingw and I
>>get the following error from FindKDE4Internal.cmake:
>>
>>CMake Error at
>>/mnt/storage/kde4win/root/share/apps/cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmak
>>e:432 (message):
>>  Couldn't parse KDE version string from the kde4-config output:
>>
>>  sh: /mnt/storage/kde4win/root/bin/kde4-config.exe: cannot execute
>>binary
>>  file
>>
>>The problem is that kde4-config is used to get the version when it
>>can't since it's being cross compiled. How should this be handled
>>instead?
>
> I don't know how much you know about this subject...
>
> If you're simply someone who wants to cross-compile, note that cross-
> compiling is not supported yet.
>
> If you want to work on having that supported, then you've come to the
> right mailing list.
>
> --
>  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira.info - thiago (AT) kde.org
>    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
>    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

I have cross-compiling working (via qmake), I just poke CMake about it
every now
and then to see if the qmake can be removed (they're outdated by quite
a bit). I
may see about getting FindKDE4Internal.cmake to work . I am curious how the
KDE version should/could be found without kde4-config though.

--Ben

Ugh. Sorry...didn't send to mailing list.

--Ben