changes to how kdepimlibs and kdebase/workspace are installed and found

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Dec 18 20:31:42 CET 2008

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> To have a KDE4WorkspaceConfig.cmake, you need to install it completely. YOu
> don't want to do it but instead do it separately.
> I think the correct solution would be to have separate FindKScreenSaver.cmake,
> FindKPlasmaSomething.cmake etc. files, and they could be installed
> additionally and used to the complete FindKDE4Workspace.cmake.
> So, IMO this would be correct and clean, but at the same time also some
> additional work.
> You could also use a modified (old-style) FindKDE4Workspace.cmake file, which
> does find_library() for all the different libs, and then you would have these
> libs set whioch have been actually found.
>
> I'm not sure what a good solution is.
> I would understand if you would say you wan to install e.g. libkhtml
> separately, for kdeworkspace I'm not sure it makes that much sense. I mean,
> it's just a few small libraries.

Since this is for Gentoo packaging then if a piece of KDE4Workspace is
installed we know where it will be.  Perhaps we can split it into
multiple INSTALL(EXPORT) files.  Then use a customized
KDE4WorkspaceConfig.cmake file that loads multiple export files.  The
config file can check for each export file and provide it if it is
available.  Some boolean variables can be set to indicate what was found.

-Brad