changes to how kdepimlibs and kdebase/workspace are installed and found

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Dec 9 22:23:43 CET 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> antradienis 09 Gruodis 2008, Alexander Neundorf rašė:
> > So, you are right, ideally it should be under lib/ too.
> > I'm just not sure if I should change that now.
>
> In my opinion, while you are at it, do it now once and for all.

So:
FindKDE4Internal.cmake is under share/.
A KDELibsConfig.cmake would be under lib/.
Theoretically it would be possible that in a networked install the share/ is
used for different architectures, while the different hosts (Solaris, BSD,
Linux) use separate lib/ directories. Right ?
Would they all exist on one system, which different names, like libBSD/,
libSunos/ etc. or would they be mounted accordingly, so that always only one
of them is there, and its name is always lib/ ?

The thing is, how do I find out from /opt/kde/share where my corresponding
lib/ directory is ?
I could install another (configured) file, which tells me the lib/ directory.
But would this then still work for such a networked install ?