changes to how kdepimlibs and kdebase/workspace are installed and found

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Dec 9 21:28:21 CET 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> antradienis 09 Gruodis 2008, Andreas Pakulat rašė:
> > Thats not possible, because cmake won't find the files. See the
> > find_package section in man cmake, specifically about the Config mode.
>
> e.g. FindKDE4Workspace.cmake has:
>
> find_package(KDE4Workspace QUIET NO_MODULE PATHS
> ${KDE4_LIB_DIR}/KDE4Workspace/cmake )
>
> replace with:
>
> find_package(KDE4Workspace QUIET NO_MODULE PATHS
> ${PLUGIN_INSTALL_DIR}/cmake )
>
> or ${KDE4_LIB_DIR}/cmakeconfigs or ${KDE4_LIB_DIR}/cmake whatever you
> choose.

They may all help in many cases, but more or less only by accident.
PLUGIN_INSTALL_DIR is the directory where the current project will install its
plugins to. If this is different from the place where kdelibs is installed
(which is in some cases) it doesn't work.

KDE4_LIB_DIR is the directory where the libraries from kdelibs are installed,
which can be different from the directory where kdebase was installed.

E.g. I
have /opt/qt-copy, /opt/kdesupport, /opt/kdelibs, /opt/kdepimlibs, /opt/kde4
(for most other things). It would break here. I'm sure especially slightly
external projects like koffice or maybe also kdevelop often do it in a
similar way.

So, we (KDE) will install these files into a place where cmake expects them
and not hack around that.