changes to how kdepimlibs and kdebase/workspace are installed and found

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Dec 9 11:13:37 CET 2008

On 09.12.08 11:47:47, Modestas Vainius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> antradienis 09 Gruodis 2008, Maciej Mrozowski rašė:
> > I noticed those files are installed in
> > ${PREFIX}/${LIBDIR}/KDE4Workspace/cmake/KDE4WorkspaceConfig.cmake
> > ${PREFIX}/${LIBDIR}/KDE4Workspace/cmake/KDE4WorkspaceLibraryTargets-
> > release.cmake
> > ${PREFIX}/${LIBDIR}/KDE4Workspace/cmake/KDE4WorkspaceLibraryTargets.cmake
> >
> > Is this valid location? (why not with the rest cmake modules, in
> > ${PREFIX}/${SHAREDIR}/apps/cmake/)
> I agree. Is this going to become a common practice to clutter /usr/lib
> namespace for each module just for cmake files? They are /usr/share material
> and we already have apps/cmake. Whats is wrong with placing those files to
> e.g. kdelibs DATA/apps/cmake/configs (preserve the path the same way you
> preserve KDElibs version and that's it) instead of such weird paths?

Because /usr/share is for non-platform specific data and those files
contain platform specific information (in particular they contain paths to
things like the library files and headers). Such platform specific stuff is
put into libdir. These files are the cmake equivalent of .pc files, which
also reside in /usr/lib.

Andreas

--
Today is what happened to yesterday.