KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 14:14:41 CET 2008

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 4:27 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 03 December 2008, you wrote:
>> > Another thing is that, at least on OSX, kdebase doesn't find phonon
>> > anymore, even though phonon.pc is neatly in the pkgconfig path. Have you
>> > any hint for me?
>>
>> I didn't touch that one. Matthias committed a tiny change, which looks very
>> innocent.
>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules/FindPhonon.cmake?r1=886287&r2=892147
>>
>> Beside that, did you try setting the environment variable CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH to
>> include the phonon install directory ?
>> E.g. something like
>> $ export CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/phonon
>
> That depends: the location of FindPhonon.cmake is in the CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, but phonon.pc
> is in the PKG_CONFIG_PATH. Adding ~/srd/kde/ins to the prefix path works, though.
>
> Right, I can continue -- KOffice is compiling again :-)
Shot in the dark here, but did you install qt4 and have phonon
compiled. If so the problem is not that phonon didn't get found, but
that the correct version (the one from kde) did not get found.
You can check by doing 'ccmake /path/to/kdelibs' in your build dir and
looking at what gets set for phonon (press 't' to see whole list).
kdelibs builds fine with either version of the phonon headers but
kdebase requires phonon from kdesupport (at least version 4.2.0) and
fails when it picks up qt's phonon instead.

> Thanks!
>
> Boudewijn:

All your gmail are belong to us.