wildcards in DEPENDS

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Dec 2 22:57:46 CET 2008

On Monday 01 December 2008, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> On Monday 01 December 2008 14:49:56 Matthias Kretz wrote:
> > I'll come up with a patch to keep compatibility where possible but switch
> > to automoc targets when possible.
>
> Attached patch keeps compatibility AFAICS but switches to
> automoc-per-target everywhere.

I didn't have time today to look at the patch yet.
Anyway, I had the idea that we maybe should add a generic macro like
automoc4_do_post_target_handling() which we could call in all cases after the
target has actually been added.
Now this could do the add_dependencies(), later on maybe something else (or
nothing).
Actually I also want to have a look at add_custom_command(BEFORE_BUILD) and
how this differs from depending on another target (via add_dependencies).
Maybe it could be done in a similar way but avoiding most of the overhead of
full targets. With such helper macros this could be done transparently.