FindKdepimLibs should require Boost

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Tue Aug 5 15:33:07 CEST 2008

On Monday 04 August 2008 16:53:19 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope the subject doesn't stir up a flame-war. I'm not questioning the
> dependency. My question is: Shouldn't FindKdepimLibs.cmake be requiring
> Boost? There's currently breakage in the 4.1 branch (kdeplasma-addons)
> because one part of the comic dataengine in there uses libsyndication
> from kdepimlibs. However libsyndication contains boost-stuff in its
> public headers, which means one has to also require boost to build the
> comic dataengine completely.
>
> So shouldn't FindKdepimLibs.cmake have a find_package call for Boost,
> probably requiring it. After all its impossible to use all of kdepimlibs
> without boost. Or we need more logic in FindKdepimLibs.cmake setting
> individual _FOUND variables for the individual libs and setting this to
> no if boost is not found but the specific library contains boost stuff
> in its public headers (like libsyndication).

So if a user is attempting to build kdeplasma-addons from svn
against a distro package of kdepimlibs, and they also didn't
install the boost package ... they will encounter a problem.
gotcha.

seems that the distro kdepimlibs-devel package should have
a requirement on boost-devel.. but I guess we can't enforce that.