CMake dependency scanning for .moc files

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Thu Apr 17 09:21:03 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 16 April 2008, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 April 2008, Matthias Kretz wrote:

The dependecy to run kde4automoc is on all source files, all the associated
header files (e.g. s/\.cpp$/.h/), the kde4automoc binary and the
<target>_automoc.files file. If <target>_automoc.cpp is more recent than all
those deps, deleting a moc file will not run kde4automoc and therefore not
regenerate the moc file. I see only one way to fix that: run kde4automoc
unconditionally for all targets. (Sidenode: then on make && make install
you'd see kde4automoc getting called for all targets on install again. And as
that would touch the <target>_automoc.cpp file all targets would link again.)

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de