recent KDE buildsystem changes that affect OSX?

Jonas Bähr jonas.baehr at web.de
Wed Apr 16 23:08:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

Am 16.04.2008 um 22:02 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> On Tuesday 15 April 2008, you wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com>
>> wrote:
>>>  Did you try Alex's small test case with the CMake you built?
>>> Are you
>>>  100% sure the new CMake is in use for kdebase?  You can grep for
>>>  CMAKE_COMMAND in the CMakeCache.txt at the top of the build tree
>>> to see
>>>  which one is used.
>>
>> d'oh, you're right, I didn't do a fresh cmake, I was working with an
>> existing build tree.
>>
>> It works properly with the latest CVS:
>>
>> CMake Warning (dev) at kjsembed/kjscmd/CMakeLists.txt:39 (install):
>>   Policy CMP0006 is not set: Installing MACOSX_BUNDLE targets
>> requires a
>>   BUNDLE DESTINATION.  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0006" for policy
>> details. Use the cmake_policy command to set the policy and
>> suppress this
>> warning. This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to
>> suppress
>> it.
>
> What would you prefer as BUNDLE DESTINATION for the KDE bundles ?
> I think currently the bundles are installed to /usr/local/bin/
> <Bundle>/, which
> probably is not ideal for OSX.
> What do you suggest ?

For GUI applications /Applications/KDE/<Bundle> would be fine in my
opinion.

Is there a way to install bundled resources into the bundle still in
the build-dir, without the need the install the bundle itself?
i.e. install the ui.rc to ~/src/myapp/.build/myapp.app/Contents/
share/...
instead of DESTDIR/share/...
or BUNDLE_DESTINATIOIN/myapp.app/Contents/share/...

bye,
Jonas