problem with cmake 2.6RC6 and KDE 4

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Apr 14 15:31:46 CEST 2008

Brad King wrote:
>> CMake Error at cmake/automoc/cmake_install.cmake:39 (FILE):
>>   file CHRPATH could not write new RPATH "/opt/testing/lib" to the
>> file "/var/tmp/kdelibs-796689-build/opt/testing/bin/kde4automoc": No
>> valid ELF RPATH entry exists in the file;
>
>CMake 2.6 comes with an ELF binary parser.  It is used to change the
>RPATH or RUNPATH of an existing binary before installation.  This is
>much faster than relinking with a new RPATH as was done by CMake 2.4
>(relinking is still used on non-ELF systems).
>
>> how can I get rid of that? this is KDE trunk, configured with:
>>
>> cmake -DKDE4_BUILD_TESTS=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/testing
>> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release
>
>Add -DCMAKE_NO_BUILTIN_CHRPATH:BOOL=ON to switch back to the relinking
>approach.

I think Dirk is asking how he can get rid of the error. Rewriting the
RPATH is probably better/easier than relinking anyways.

By the way, this is not the first I've heard of this error. Other people
have run into it.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358