EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH for tests

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Sep 20 03:31:39 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 20:51, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Well, I also quite often execute tests manually, especially QtTest based
> ones, because that way I can see their full output. And if I'm in
> <builddir>/myplugin/ or <builddir>/myplugin/test its much easier to run
> test/mytest (or ./mytest) then ../../bin/test_mytest.

I didn't argue that it doesn't make any sense to have the test executables in
the current dir, but that while it makes some sense OTOH it creates an ugly
side effect.

> Anyway, so far we're only 2 people who disagree, I'd say we need a 3rd
> opinion :)

Ok, it is possible per target with cmake cvs HEAD:

set_target_properties(mytest PROPERTIES RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY wherever)

If we put this in the macros for the test executables, developers who really
want that can use cmake cvs (which will become 2.6.0). I use it every day,
it's stable.

For all others we don't mess up EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH.