Linking executables on FreeBSD

Frerich Raabe raabe at kde.org
Thu Oct 18 20:43:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

I just attempted to build a few KDE modules from KDE trunk on my FreeBSD box
and noticed that none of the executables (like, test programs) which link
against Qt worked on FreeBSD. This is because '-pthread' was missing on the
linker line (you use that instead of '-lpthread' on FreeBSD).

I attached a patch which I applied to all FindQt4.cmake copies I could find in
my checkout and except for the copy which is in kdesupport/qca/cmake/modules,
it applied nicely and fixed the problem (for qca, I needed a slightly
different patch because the FindQt4.cmake file is different).

I don't dare to commit this though as I have not much of a clue how the build
system works. Does this patch look sane?

- Frerich

P.S.: Please CC me on replies, I'm not (yet? ;-)) subscribed to this
mailinglist.