cmake resets variables

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Nov 6 14:23:03 CET 2007

 Hello,

 since kBacktrace() is not that useful with hidden symbols, I explicitly run
cmake with -D__KDE_HAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY=0, which turns it off. However, any
single change to any CMakeLists.txt re-runs automatically cmake, which also
runs the cmake test for hidden symbols and enables them (interestingly, after
yet another change it doesn't run it again). I always get undefined symbols
as a result of this and I'm getting kind of tired of running cmake manually
all the time.

 Does somebody know how to fix this?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz