Source not regenerated after new kconfig_compiler executable

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue May 22 20:59:24 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 22 May 2007, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Don't know if it's intended or a bug in the dependency chain. The output
> from kconfig_compiler is not regenerated after I installed a new
> kconfig_compiler executable. Therefore I still got warnings about
> kstaticdeleter until I delete the sources by myself :)

Yeah but would you really want to see all kconfig_compiler-generated files
re-created every time kdelibs is reinstalled - even though in 99% of the cases
from now on, the logic inside kconfig_compiler won't have changed?
(but it will have been relinked because kdecore changed).

Maybe we need to install a cmake file with the version number of kconfig_compiler,
in order to trigger a recompilation only when the version of kconfig_compiler
is newer than the version that was used to generate the current generated files...