RPATH order problem

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Thu May 17 21:16:52 CEST 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007 20:54:19 Brad King wrote:
> Allen Winter wrote:

> >> Okay, this fix is now in the 2.4 branch.  It will be included in 2.4.7.
> >
> > Is this fix important enough to justify requiring 2.4.7 for KDE 4.0?
>
> That's up to David, but I don't think so.  His problem was pretty
> obscure.  Either way it's not worth it until 2.4.7 is actually out :)

My vote is clearly on requiring 2.4.7 for KDE 4.0.

This problem happens for example for every KDE 4 developer who has an Ubuntu
or a Debian installation on an amd64 machine that includes Ubuntu/Debian's Qt
4 packages. Having the Qt 4 packages installed is a matter of installing one
of about 30 Qt 4 based packages, including popular ones such as the lastfm
player or wengophone. So yes, I think it's easy to run into this problem and
I'm therefore all in favour of requiring 2.4.7.

Simon