RPATH order problem

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed May 2 13:09:18 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 02 May 2007, David Faure wrote:
> -L/usr/lib64
is probably the problem. There are many system libs that come from /usr/lib64, but they don't
need -L/usr/lib64 to be added to the link line. This looks very much like a libtool bug I fixed
recently in kde3: it was adding -L/usr/lib because it was only filtering out -L/usr/lib64.
Here it's the opposite though, it's adding -L/usr/lib64 (but I suppose it's filtering out -L/usr/lib?)
On kubuntu systems /usr/lib64 is merely a symlink to /usr/lib; this case should be detected
and both -L/usr/lib and -L/usr/lib64 should be removed from the link line (and from the rpaths) IMHO.