rpath issues (strigi is wrong on OSX)

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Mar 14 20:48:39 CET 2007

Benjamin Reed wrote:
>> It's not much to do, it's just setting the correct combination of some
>> properties. Searching for RPATH in FindKDE4Internal.cmake and
>> KDE4Macros.cmake shows you everything.
>
>alrighty

It affects Linux too. I've just got this error:
$ konqueror
konqueror: error while loading shared libraries: libstreams.so.0: cannot

$ locate libstreams.so.0
/home/thiago/KDE4/lib/libstreams.so.0

$ ldd =konqueror | grep libstream
        libstreamindexer.so.0
=> /home/thiago/KDE4/lib/libstreamindexer.so.0 (0xb6457000)
        libstreams.so.0 => not found

Yeah, libstreams.so.0 and libstreamindexer.so.0 are in the same path.

Yeah, libstreams.so.0 isn't found.

Yeah, the behaviour is correct for the dynamic linker. Neither Konqueror
nor any KDE libraries link directly to libstreams.so.0. Only
libstreamindexer.so.0 does and it doesn't have RPATH:
$ objdump -p /home/thiago/KDE4/lib/libstreamindexer.so.0 | grep PATH

Since I don't set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the KDE 4 library dir, should this be
considered a bug in Strigi?
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358