Proposed changes to FindQt4.cmake

Caleb Tennis caleb at aei-tech.com
Thu Mar 8 15:07:02 CET 2007

>> The only dilemma I'm having is that for the stock Qt 4.2.2 .dmg
>> framework, QtUiTools gets installed as a normal library in /usr/lib
>> even though the rest are frameworks.  This isn't a big deal, except
>> that FindQt4 uses NO_DEFAULT_PATH when looking, so it doesn't see it
>> there.

As an aside to this, it seems that QtUiTools is built statically on Linux as well.
It's just that it's installed into the same directory as the shared libraries vs. on
OS X where it wouldn't make sense (I suppose) to put it in /Library/Frameworks.

I'm not sure why it's forced as a static library; it could be out of necessity or
perhaps it's an oversight by Trolltech.  Presumably since the new QtScript library
relies on it in 4.3, it too will be built statically.

Caleb