Proposed changes to FindQt4.cmake

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Mar 7 15:32:26 CET 2007

Caleb Tennis wrote:
>> If you give cmake a ..../foo.framework as a link library, cmake will
>> convert it to the -framework for you when it creates the link line.
>>

> Indeed it does.  This is good news.
>
> The only dilemma I'm having is that for the stock Qt 4.2.2 .dmg
> framework, QtUiTools gets installed as a normal library in /usr/lib
> even though the rest are frameworks.  This isn't a big deal, except
> that FindQt4 uses NO_DEFAULT_PATH when looking, so it doesn't see it
> there.

Is there something in qmake or some other config file that could be
queried by cmake to determine this?  Seems to be a Mac only problem. For
most systems all the qt libraries that go together are in the same
place, and it would be bad to look for part of qt in a different
place.   How does qmake handle this?

-Bill