fatal error if KDE compiles with hidden visibility but Q_DECL_EXPORT is defined to nothing

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Jun 21 18:17:55 CEST 2007

Christian Ehrlicher said:
> Thiago Macieira schrieb:
>> Christian Ehrlicher said:
>>> It's not the fault of Q_DECL_EXPORT but Q_DECL_IMPORT which is defined
>>> nothing on linux.
>>
>> That's not a problem on ELF/x86, but I do wonder how it compiles at all
>> under 64-bit.
>>

> It's working because tt uses the export macro in a slightly different
> way then we do. Q_DECL_IMPORT is never used on linux.

Oh, right. It's like the "old-style" header the script used to generate:
it uses the EXPORT macro in all cases (building and using the library).

Anyways, Andreas, undefined symbols are not the symptom of this error. The
symptom is about relocations that the static linker cannot emit (i.e.,
using a near displacement for something that isn't near).

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358