Cannot "make install" in KDE4 because CMake sets the wrong install-dir

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jun 8 12:04:45 CEST 2007

On 08.06.07 00:28:35, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 07 June 2007 07:24, Carsten Niehaus wrote:
> > Moin
> >
> > kdelibs from 2 days ago, Qt 4.3-final, CMake 2.4.6. OpenSUSE 10.2, latest
> > svn of kdeedu.
> >
> > As you can see here
> >
> > http://rafb.net/p/KsCM3V63.html
> >
> > I am using a clean build-dir and using
> >
> > -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/kde4/kde/
> >
> > I have not the slightest idea why make install wants the files to go to
> > /usr.
> >
> > Can anyone help here? Please CC me in replies.
>
> Your the third person who considers this new behaviour (KDE apps follow to
> kdelibs install location) a bug.

IMHO it is a regression, I mean in KDE3 I was allowed to install a KDE
app anywhere, no matter where I installed kdelibs to. Currently this
doesn't matter that much, but after the release with distro packages I
can't easily install a kde4 application into $HOME (because I compile it
from svn) because everytime I need to do su make install and it clutters
my /usr which it is not supposed to do.

> It reuses the install dirs from the installed kdelibs.
> I changed it now so the install dirs are only reused if the current
> CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX equals the install dir from kdelibs.
> Let me know if that works for you as expected.

Cool, I'll try that too.

Andreas

--
You will be surprised by a loud noise.