[patch] fixes for compiling under mingw

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Jun 7 16:54:33 CEST 2007

Alexander Neundorf schrieb:
> On Wednesday 06 June 2007 10:32, Holger Schröder wrote:
>
>> Hi Alex, hi list,
>>
>> i am trying to simplify compiling of kde on windows. for that i need to get
>> some changed into kdelibs/cmake/modules.
>>
>> most of them add a cmake variable for the prefix where to find a library,
>> like gif, jpeg, etc.
>>
>> and then there is a patch for findqt4.cmake.
>>
>> the problem is, that the debug libs of qt 4 are nor found under windows,
>> because they are named Q<Foo>d4 for the debug libraries.
>>
>> so for every Q<foo>4 in a find_library statement i added an Q<foo>d4 entry.
>>

> Qt: ok
> Since which Qt release is this so ?
>
> For the other cmake modules: where do these variables come from ?
> STRIGI_INSTALL_PREFIX
> SHARED_MIMEINFO_INSTALL_PREFIX
> WIN32LIBS_INSTALL_PREFIX
> KDEWIN32_INSTALL_PREFIX
>

> If they have to be set manually this isn't a very good idea.
> How about setting CMAKE_PROGRAM/INCLUDE/LIBRARY_PATH ?
>
> Or reusing some variable which is set by FindKDEWin32Libs.cmake or something
> like this ?

May be this approach helps. I splitted KDEWIN32 and GNUWIN32 into a
KDEWIN and KDEWIN32 module.

The KDEWIN module looks in different locations for windows supplementary
installations in the order:

for mingw
               environment variable KDEWIN_DIR
                <ProgramFiles>/kdewin-mingw
                <ProgramFiles>/kdewin
                <ProgramFiles>/kdewin32
                <ProgramFiles>/gnuwin32

for msvc
               environment variable KDEWIN_DIR
                <ProgramFiles>/kdewin-msvc
                <ProgramFiles>/kdewin
                <ProgramFiles>/kdewin32
                <ProgramFiles>/gnuwin32

This module sets CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH and CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH for further
cmake modules in the configure process and for compiling.

The KDEWIN32 module then searches only for the kdewin32 library in the
predefined pathes

The GNUWIN32 module is now obsolate.

BTW: An extension of the KDEWIN module may be to be able to use more
than one path or additional directories like <ProgramFiles>/win32libs

Ralf