Iconcache additions

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sat Jul 21 04:32:18 CEST 2007

Hi Rivo,

On Friday 20 July 2007 11:12, Rivo Laks wrote:
> Hi
>
> The attached patch adds KDE4_ICONS_INSTALLED macro which updates mtime of
> the hicolor icontheme directory, to make the icon cache update itself. It
> also makes the KDE4_INSTALL_ICONS macro use it.

So how does it have to be used ?
install( FILES  preview.png DESTINATION
           ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/dolphin/icons/hicolor/64x64/actions )
kde4_update_iconcache(${ICON_INSTALL_DIR})
or
kde4_update_iconcache(${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/dolphin/icon)
?

For kde4_install_icons() it will look like this, right ?
kde4_install_icons(${ICON_INSTALL_DIR})
kde4_update_iconcache(${ICON_INSTALL_DIR})

> On k-c-d it was suggested that this could be a generic FD.org macro, but
> I'm not sure where to put it in that case. Should another file be created
> in kdelibs/cmake/modules/? Or should it even go into cmake itself (in that
> case I believe we also have to ship a kde version of it though)?
>
> As touch doesn't exist on windows, I create a temporary file in the theme
> dir there and then delete it. It should work but I haven't tested it, so if
> anyone could make sure it really does what it should, I'd appreciate it.
>
> And finally, I'm open to renaming the macro if you have better ideas
> (KDE4_UPDATE_ICONCACHE?) ;-)

Yes, sounds better IMO (ok, I suggested it ;-)

Does version for Windows (if it works under Windows) also work under UNIX ?
If it does, I'd say there's no need to have two different versions.

Bye