macro kde4_install_library

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Jul 20 05:13:24 CEST 2007

Hi PutHuhn,

On Monday 16 July 2007 11:49, Nhuh Put wrote:
> Hello
> With default calls to install, shared libraries are installed into
> LIB_INSTALL_DIR. This is fine for linux, but on windows, they should go
> into BIN_INSTALL_DIR. The install function of cmake supports this with the
> RUNTIME DESTINATION and LIBRARY DESTINATION options.
> To make things simpler, I would like to add a macro called
> kde4_install_library for this.
> Usage would be kde4_install_library( kdecore ) for example.

thanks for the patch.
I'm not sure what to do about this.
Actually I like the previous (long) version better, where the full INSTALL()
syntax is used everywhere.
With the current patch we introduce another macro which hides a bit what is
actually going on.

Maybe we should ask on kde-core-devel if there are objections against using
the full INSTALL() syntax.

Bye