automoc v2

Thiago Macieira thiago at
Fri Jul 13 23:48:51 CEST 2007

Matthias Kretz wrote:
>> If the tool kde4automoc would be written without Qt, e.g. STL only,
>> then this could theoretically also be used to build Qt itself...
>I don't think you'll be able to easily substitute the STL for QtCore in

You guys know that moc itself is written using Qt, right? :-)

Some of the Qt classes have a "bootstrap" mode, meaning they can be built
with fewer features so that they are added directly to an executable,
like moc and uic.

automoc could use the same process, if necessary.

  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) - thiago (AT)
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358