Providing FindFoo.cmake for a kde module "foo"

Andreas Pakulat apaku at
Sun Jul 8 20:26:34 CEST 2007

On 08.07.07 19:31:49, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 08.07.07 11:06:32, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > On Jul 8, 2007, at 9:35 AM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > due to a problem (I'd call it a bug actually) in cmake its not
> > > possible
> > > to install 2 kde modules where one depends on the other into separate
> > > directories (and separate directories from kdelibs). For packaging KDE
> > > module's however its needed that each module is installed into its own
> > > prefix.
> >
> > You'll need to explain this more clearly. I have no idea what you're
> > talking about. IIRC, all of KDE needs to be installed in the same
> > prefix.
> That would be a regression over KDE3 and is not needed at all (there
> have recently been some fixes to allow this in the buildsystem).

Ooops, forgot about the more clearly part :)

But during some trials with cmake it turns out that one can tell cmake
its CMAKE_MODULE_PATH even providing multiple paths:

cmake -DCMAKE_MODULE_PATH="/dir1;/dir2"

So actually this is a non-issue, except the totally wrong error message:

CMake Error: KDevPlatform_DIR is not set.  It must be set to the directory containing KDevPlatformConfig.cmake in order to use KDevPlatform.

Perfect day for scrubbing the floor and other exciting things.