Strange error in kdesupport

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Jul 3 00:14:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

 I recently tried to compile KDE4 on my laptop, which runs Kubuntu 7.10,
but I run into a very strange problem that doesn't tell me too much.
There is a fresh qt-copy checkout, which compiled fine (I believe).
kdesupport configures fine with cmake, but when running make it gives
me the following output:
CMake Error: Parse error in cache
file /data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/CMakeCache.txt.
Offending entry: Error processing project
file; /data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/qca/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmpQmake/tmp.pro
CMake Error: Parse error in cache
file /data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/CMakeCache.txt.
Offending entry: Error processing project
file; /data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/qca/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmpQmake/tmp.pro
CMake Error: Parse error in cache
file /data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/CMakeCache.txt.
Offending entry: QT_X11_/data/development/
build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/eigen/tests/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmpQmake/tmp.pro
CMake Error: Parse error in cache
file /data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/CMakeCache.txt.
Offending entry: _LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
CMake Error: Parse error in cache
file /data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/CMakeCache.txt.
Offending entry: QT_X11_/data/development/
build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/soprano/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmpQmake/tmp.pro
CMake Error: Parse error in cache
file /data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/CMakeCache.txt.
Offending entry: _LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
CMake Error: Parse error in cache
file /data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/CMakeCache.txt.
Offending entry: QT_X11_deduced.
CMake Error: Parse error in cache
file /data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/CMakeCache.txt.
Offending entry: Error_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
-- Found Qt-Version 4.3.0
-- Plugins will be installed to /opt/qt4/plugins/crypto/
-- Checking for certstore..
-- Found system certstore
-- certstore path: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
-- Found Sasl2: /usr/lib/libsasl2.so
-- Found libgcrypt: -lgcrypt -lgpg-error
-- OpenSSL plugin enabled
-- GnuPG plugin enabled
-- SASL2 plugin enabled
-- libgcrypt plugin enabled
-- Found Qt-Version 4.3.0
-- Found Expat: /usr/lib/libexpat.so
-- Found CLucene library: /usr/lib/libclucene.so
-- Found CLucene include dir: /usr/include
-- Found CLucene library dir: /usr/lib
-- Found CLucene: /usr/lib/libclucene.so
-- Found Qt-Version 4.3.0
-- Found cppunit: -lcppunit -ldl
-- CppUnit found. Strigi unit tests will be built.
-- Index libraries were found. strigidaemon will be built.
-- dbus support enabled
-- Found Qt-Version 4.3.0
-- Configuring done
make: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error 255

Clearly there is a problem in the CMakeCache, and altough it doesn't
give line numbers where the problem is (which is pretty bad), I
searched and found things like:

//Path to a library.
QT_X11_/data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/eigen/tests/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmpQmake/tmp.pro
_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=QT_X11_/data/development/build/kde-trunk/kdesupport/eigen/tests/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmpQmake/tmp.pro
_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

Pretty weird.

Is this a cmake error? Is this a CMakeList.txt error in kdesupport? I'm
really no expert in cmake to tell this.

Just for the record, this is a clean build, and attached is the cmake
output when configuring.

Andras