Merging of kdelibs_export.h and kdelibs_export_win.h

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Jan 20 12:01:17 CET 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 10:32, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> >Thiago Macieira schrieb:
> >> I've noticed that CMake defines a macro called <targetname>_EXPORTS
> >> for each module that is being built.
> >>
> >> Would the Win32 guys oppose if I merged the two export headers into
> >> one and used that macro instead?
> >
> >Afaik the _win.h was just introduced by Jaroslaw to reduce unneded
> >recompiling on linux when he changed a define for windows. So it can be
> >merged for kdelibs4

Speaking of unneeded recompilations, can I suggest that we also split up the export.h file
into one-file-per-lib, like I did in koffice last week? It also makes things more modular
and easier to move when needed.

> I'm also reintroducing the #include <QtCore/qglobal.h> for C compilations
> as well. It's supposed to work and any bugs should be reported with
> urgency to Trolltech.

Oh, good to know. Can you adjust kdesdk/scripts/kde_generate_export_header accordingly?