Building Docs with meinproc

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Wed Jan 17 11:18:50 CET 2007

Alle 04:23, mercoledì 17 gennaio 2007, Allen Winter ha scritto:
> I'm trying to implement the building of the docs in our cmake buildsystem.

Nice!

> Here's what I have so far:
>
> In KDE4Macros.cmake I added this macro
> macro (KDE4_CREATE_HTML_HANDBOOK)
>    # iterate over all  files
>    foreach (_current_FILE ${ARGN})
>       get_filename_component(_input ${_current_FILE} ABSOLUTE)
>       set(_doc ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/index.html)
>       add_custom_command(OUTPUT ${_doc}
>          COMMAND ${KDE4_MEINPROC_EXECUTABLE}
>          ARGS --check --cache ${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/index.cache.bz2
>          -o ${_doc}
>          ${_input}
>          MAIN_DEPENDENCY ${_input}
>       )
>    endforeach (_current_FILE)
> endmacro (KDE4_CREATE_HTML_HANDBOOK)

Hmm it doesn't seem to be correct.
Let's sum up how to regenerate:
- meinproc [--check] index.docbook
  this generates only the HTML documentation from the specified docbook. Note
that the HTML documentation is not just an index.html, but many files.
- meinproc [--check] --cache cachefile index.docbook
  generates only the cachefile (usually index.cache.bz2)

Note that in both cases you have to specify always the index file, even if the
documentation is splitted into several files.

Regards,

--
Pino Toscano