how to build generated sources in parallel with out linking them together?

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Thu Feb 22 11:15:11 CET 2007

On Thursday, 22. February 2007 10:51, Thiago Macieira wrote:

> What were those linking errors? Were they justified?

In some cases, they are, like for example virtual inline functions. In some
other cases, they were not (missing #include caused gcc to interpret type
attributes as instantiation names).

Overall the idea of building them in-place has to be scratched, #include ".."
vs <> doesn't have the right meaning.

I've written a 6 line gnu makefile that does the same thing and added it to
the dashboard. (its not yet causing an error though because I first want to
make sure that kdelibs passes before enabling it).

Dirk