renaming kde-config to kde4-config

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Feb 3 00:42:28 CET 2007

On Saturday 03 February 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> >set_target_properties(kdeinit_kbuildsycoca PROPERTIES SOVERSION 4)
> >creates the symlink libkdeinit_kbuildsyscoca.so
> >wich points to libkdeinit_kbuildsyscoca.so.4
> >
> >Is this good enough ?
>
> As long as libkdeinit_kbuildsycoca.so isn't installed.

It does, that's the problem.

I know that this is very unusal for a normal shared library, but is there any chance
we could get support from cmake for "installing a .so.4 without creating a .so symlink"?

This would be very useful for kdeinit modules (we dlopen them, and we let one program link
to them, but no other program can link to them so we don't want the .so installed, since it conflicts
with other kde versions).