Order of link directories

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Feb 2 22:36:48 CET 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007 21:46, David Faure wrote:
> What makes up the order of the link directories with cmake?
> `cmake --help-command link_directories` doesn't mention what happens when
> calling it multiple times, and I also don't know where builddir/lib gets
> added to the link directories.

As soon as you say
target_link_libraries(someapp somelib)
and "somelib" is built in the same build, the directory where the library is
created is added to the link path.
Finally there is some clever sorting algorithm in cmake which tries to get the
order right.

Maybe the
link_directories (${KDE4_LIB_DIR})
in the top level CMakeLists.txt isn't a good idea and should be removed. Can
you please try that ?

Bye