cmake cvs supports chrpath -> much faster relinking

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Dec 18 23:56:47 CET 2007

Hi,

I just committed support for chrpath to cmake cvs.
chrpath can modify the RPATH inside an ELF file. This means that on make
install, the executables don't have to be actually linked again, but instead
they are installed as they are and then chrpath is run on them.
This reduces this additional relinking time almost to zero.

To use it you need:
current kdesupport (-> so chrpath gets installed)
current cmake cvs
a fresh KDE build tree I think
and then enable the option CMAKE_USE_CHRPATH in the build tree e.g.
using "make edit_cache"

Please let me know if you find problems with it.
Please let me also know if it works for you :-)