OpenGL vs. Qt4 OpenGL

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Dec 13 20:46:00 CET 2007

Howdy,

I don't think our buildsystem handles the OpenGL you can
build in Qt4 vs. the one that comes with a distro.

Is one version preferred over the other?

Do we need something that says: if Qt's OpenGL is found use it, else use the other?

i.e
FindPackage(Qt4 REQUIRED)
if(QT_QTOPENGL_FOUND)
set(OPENGL_FOUND)
set(OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR ${QT_QTOPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR})
set(OPENGL_LIBRARIES ${QT_QTOPENGL_LIBRARY})
else
FindPackage(OpenGL)
endif

I see lots of find_package(OpenGL) in our CMakeLists.txt file
and I don't think that's the right thing to do given that OpenGL
might be found in Qt4.

-Allen