kmyunittest.shell doesn't use local libs

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Dec 6 14:36:41 CET 2007

On Thursday 06 December 2007, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> currently I don't have internet access at home, so just a short reply.
> Ideally everything in the build tree would have the build tree rpath, and everything in the install tree would have the install tree rpath.
> This is currently not done because the relinking takes so much time.
>
> I have a local modification to cmake so that it supports chrpath.
> With this changing the rpath is really fast (and it ensures that there is enough room for the new rpath).
>
> So how about requiring everything to be relinked on install, and if that's too slow for some developers they can update to cmake cvs/2.6.x ?

Testing local changes to kdelibs is the corner case; I don't think we should increase build times for everyone just for that.
I much rather prefer Thiago's solution (i.e. the patch I posted), which works nicely here
[but is linux only. hmm, well, gcc/binutils only, right, why don't we enable it on bsd too?].