link error in some kioslaves in kdebase

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Aug 22 20:54:20 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 22 August 2007, Bernhard Breinbauer wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 August 2007 wrote David Faure:
> > >
> > > What else can I do to help diagnose this issue?
> >
> > Add -Q -v -Wl,-t  to the link line, to see which libs ld is really opening.
> > My guess is that it's finding another libkdecore on your system (e.g. in
> > /usr/lib).
>
> You are right, it uses the system lib, excerpt from the output:
> -lkdecore (/usr/lib64/libkdecore.so)
> -lkdeui (/usr/lib64/libkdeui.so)
Bingo.

> > Do you have -L/usr/lib in the link line?
>
> Yes it is in the link line, but in both (error and no-error) cases.

Yes (in the no-error case you simply have the -L for the kde lib dir before it,
while in the error case it's after it.

> > If yes, then that's already fixed in cmake.
>
> What do you mean by that? Is it fixed in a newer cmake version? I'm using
> cmake version 2.4-patch 6

I don't know in which version the fix was added, but cmake is never supposed to put
-L/usr/lib or -L/usr/lib64 in the link line.
See http://web.davidfaure.fr/kde/cmLocalGenerator.cxx.diff