Buildsystem for Translators

Thomas Reitelbach tr at erdfunkstelle.de
Tue Apr 3 12:59:29 CEST 2007

Am Dienstag, 3. April 2007 12:32:35 schrieben Sie:
> On lundi 02 avril 2007, Thomas Reitelbach wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > thanks to Laurent, who implemented the buildsystem for trunk/l10n-kde4
> > for us translators.
> >
> > Unfortunately I have trouble with it, and i hope you can help me. This is
> > what i do:
> >
> > In trunk/l10n-kde4/:
> > - ./scripts/autogen.sh de #->generates the CMakeLists.txt files for "de"
> > - cd de
> > - cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/kde4/kde .
> > - cd messages
> > - make    #->builds all *.gmo files in all subdirectories
> > - make install #does only install entry.desktop, but no *.gmo files
>
> For me it works fine.
> It installed *.mo files.
> Which cmake version do you used ?
>
> (try: cd de
> mkdir build
> cd build
> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/kde4/kde ../
> make
> make install
> )

I cannot test this right now (i'm not at my personal computer) but i guess
this way it might work for me, too. I'm using a very recent cmake version.

But is building in a dedicated build directory really necessary?
Some translation teams might get confused. OTOH it makes it easier to keep .po
files and other generated stuff separated.

BTW: I'm subscribed to the list, no need to CC me.

Cheers
Thomas