KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Volker Krause volker.krause at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Sep 6 11:16:23 CEST 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 23:10, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi Volker,
>
> On Tuesday 05 September 2006 09:50, Volker Krause wrote:
> > On Monday 04 September 2006 23:32, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > SVN commit 580957 by neundorf:
> > >
> > > Remove the FORCE keyword from the various install directories, which we
> > > added in Trysil. By now it should be correct in everybodies cache, and
> > > without the FORCE it can now even be edited again.
> > >
> > > Let me know if suddenly some things aren't installed correctly anymore
> > > for you.
> >
> > There is one problem with this: If you now change the install prefix all
> > those variables aren't updated, ie. they still point to the previous
> > install prefix. That's why we re-added the FORCE option for
> > LIB_INSTALL_DIR and added an extra LIB_SUFFIX setting.
>
> I tested the behaviour with the attached file, just put it in an empty
> directory and run cmake on it.
> I specified a different LIB_SUFFIX and all depending variables changed as
> expected, both when using ccmake and when using cmake -DLIB_SUFFIX...
>
> It is a direct copy from the stuff in FindKDE4Internal.cmake.
> Can you please test and let me know which issues you have with this ?

Well, this obviously works since the FORCE options are there. Here is an
simple example to demonstrate the problem without FORCE:

set(INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR      "${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/include"
CACHE PATH "The subdirectory to the header prefix")
message(STATUS "include: ${INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR}")

INCLUDE_INSTALL_DIR is set to the install prefix you specified on the first
cmake run and is not updated if you change the install prefix with another
cmake call or in ccmake. And that's what I'm seeing with the latest kdelibs
as well.

regards
Volker