FindQt4.cmake cleanup, please test

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Oct 21 00:33:39 CEST 2006

On Saturday, October 21, 2006 12:18:26 AM Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> On Friday 20 October 2006 22:45, David Faure wrote:
> > Now that we're using Qt-4.2, we can clean up FindQt4.cmake to stop looking
> > for QtCore_debug.so etc.
>
> What changed?

In Qt-4.2 there's no more libQtCore_debug.so on unix. Instead, the lib is always called libQtCore.so
and there's a separate libQtCore.so.4.2.0.debug file containing the debug symbols only.
gdb and valgrind have support for such .debug files, they can automatically load the debug
symbols from it. This simplifies the configuration process, allows to install debug symbols
onto a system where the release libs were installed, and gets rid of the whole "debug_and_release"
mess (installing plugins for e.g. qt designer was really tricky).
In other words, it's great ;)

> Only msvc needs to link to the same kind of libraries (debug or release),
OK, thanks for the confirmation.

> I can only test next monday on msvc and mingw.
Sounds great! Thanks.