KDELibsDependencies.cmake problem (Re: KDE/kdebase/runtime/kioslave/smtp)

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Oct 17 15:08:02 CEST 2006

David Faure wrote:
>On Tuesday 17 October 2006 14:20, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> David Faure wrote:
>> >How can we fix KDELibsDependencies.cmake to also include indirect
>> > dependencies?
>>
>> We shouldn't. Why should we care whether Qt links to Xrender? Or if
>> libxslt uses libexpat?
>
>Well, see the message I was replying to - if things don't link on Mac OS
> because kdecore is only implicitly linking to qtnetwork then we are
> going to always have link trouble on Mac OS when it all works fine on
> Linux... But I see your point. Hmm. No solution?

What was the original problem?

Any application should list in CMake all its direct dependencies and only
them. KDECore doesn't use QtNetwork directly (though I probably will make
it use because of QNetworkInterface). And it doesn't fail linking.

So, why does kio_smtp fail linking? Does it use QtNetwork?

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358